Thursday, January 17, 2013

God Stories

A couple months back, I was talking with my girlfriends, Danna and Tara, about their adoptions.  The questions always seem to come up of how you cope emotionally and financially when talking with other adoptive moms.  They both told me that I would never believe the ways that God will work in our lives in the journey.  I did not quite understand this until a few days ago.

My best friend, Holly, and I always love to share what we term as "God stories."  So I thought I would share my latest with you!

I have been purging the house of all things that aren't needed, used or wanted.  Craigslist and eBay have become my most used apps on my phone.  I was selling a couple books and came across a lady on FB who was looking for said books.  I had never met her but we struck up a conversation on FB Messenger and ended up talking for quite some time about God, family and our adoption.  The books were being sold for $100 and while I was chatting with her, my paypal account notice came across the screen of my phone saying that she had sent me $200.  I immediately told her that it was only supposed to be $100 for both not for each and that she had overpaid me.  She said "No I didn't, I know it isn't much but I hope it helps.  I know it will be the first of much."  I was sitting in an oversized chair in our sitting room crying.  All those conversations I had with the ladies about God working in crazy ways flooded my thoughts!  Remembering that I had no idea where in the world she lived, I asked her where I should send the books.  Turns out, she lives in Helena.  That is a 1 1/2 hour drive from us.

Whoa, so this is what my girlfriends meant?!?  I think I will be continuing to praise God  for my overflowing heart every second that I can.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE THAT!!! It's only just the beginning my friend! :)

    ReplyDelete